Listening…..are you listening? You would think that this question is being asked to a student. But in reality how many people feel that they are not heard when they are talking to adults. Listening is a skill and an important one at that. You cannot be truly listening to someone if you are thinking of your own response while they are still talking. At that point your mind has wandered and you are no longer an active listener. Throughout the last couple of years I have made an active effort to ensure that I truly listen to others and it has made such a difference. Not only have I benefited from hearing what someone else has to offer insight to, the people who I am conversing with are aware that they have my undivided attention. This in turn strengthens relationships because people feel validated during a conversation, and we all know that you cannot go wrong with this. I challenge each and everyone of you to take the time to be an active listener, you will reap the benefits.
January 1, 2014
Are you listening???
About Stacey Garrioch
I am a wife, mom to 2 boys and kindergarten teacher. I love the outdoors, exercise and play! View all posts by Stacey Garrioch
This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 1st, 2014 at 7:36 pm and posted in Uncategorized. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
2 responses to “Are you listening???”
I am a wife, mom to 2 boys and kindergarten teacher. I love the outdoors, exercise and play!
- anxietybc.com/parenting/copi…. Some good tips for the start of school. 11 months ago
- RT @Just_in_Moore: #sd33 is honoured to host @jnovakowski38 on Aug31. Exploring #growthmindset and Thinking within curricular competencies… 1 year ago
- cbc.ca/beta/news/cana… @SandyFromACE Love this article, you make such a difference! 1 year ago
- RT @StuartShanker: Self-Reg is a powerful method for understanding stress & managing our energy levels in order to promote self-regulation.… 1 year ago
- RT @CMSLibrary1: Great ideas for SD#33 to include books in your summer! 33 Ways to Have a More Bookish Summer #sd33learns #cmslearns https… 1 year ago